Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 PM
dublb

A section is 1 mile squared, or 640 acres. I had ta look it up. I kinda knew it but had ta look up the actual #s.

The cattle belong to Kenny who is leasing the right ta run the cattle on the land. Actually Kenny is the one that we have been turned over to deal with. He likes the fact that we cleaned up the place where the other people who we were on the bird lease with, had filled several barrels of shotgun shells & the cattle had knocked 'em over. We didn't have ta do that, but it bothered us that all of that was all over the place. Our motto is "...to leave it better that it was when we got there."

Our responsibilities are to not shoot Kenny's cows. We want ta keep it clean. We also have ta, of course, follow all hunting laws, & hunting safety rules.

There are also oil wells at our lease. I do not know who has the mineral rights but the oil company leases the mineral rights to git oil. We have ta git along with the Pumpers that are checking on the wells. Most of the wells have pump jacks on 'em. We need ta stay away from the pump jacks!

As for hunting with the cattle, well, they leave as soon as we shoot a gun. They don't like that sound at all.

Kenny also said that we have permission ta camp out there if we want ta. 25 min.s from my own bed. Hmmm I think I'll sleep at home. My Sister's family wants ta camp.

I only know what the rules are in TX. I do know that my DB complains about the hunting rules in Missouri, but I don't know what those rules are.