Old 04-15-2012, 03:06 AM
katier825

I like using Crayola Washable Markers on Sulky Solvy to mark patterns. Once you sew it, you tear off the larger pieces and the rest washes away. Since I always wash my quilts when they are done, it works well for me. What I do is to draw or trace my pattern onto paper, put the Sulky Solvy over it and trace. Then I use safety pins to pin the Sukly Solvy to the quilt.

It's similar to the Glad Wrap, but you don't have to pick the little bits out between the stitches because it all washes away.

Also, Golden Threads paper works well, but you do have to tear that away. If I am doing a quilt with many blocks of the same quilting pattern, it's easier. I stack several pieces together and sew thru the design with no thread to make pinholes. Then follow that design on each block.

As far as these 2 methods go, they are very similar timewise...the Sulky Solvy is more prep work, the Golden Threads is more at the end to tear off the paper. I use both depending on my mood at the time. The best thing about either method is that you are not marking directly on the quilt.

Last edited by katier825; 04-15-2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: additional comments