Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 AM
kerriy

I have the cousin, Pfaff Smarter C1100 pro. I have had it about a month, and it is a really good machine. It is high tech and I love how it glides over thick seams with beautiful stitching, since I mostly quilt, but also hem Jeans now and then with those super thick seams. If you search Pfaff Smarter here are QB you can read my post about how I figured out the auto bobbin sensor going off unexpectedly and my discovery on getting my super large spools of Superior masterpiece cotton thread to feed smoothly. The cutter, knee lift and DFS are the great features to have. On mine, if you are in needle down position and push the thread cutter, after the machine defaults to needle up. I just tap my foot pedal once and it goes back to needle down, or just push the needle down button to achieve the same result.

I love the pfaff presser feet alot for some reason, so I can't speak to that on the Serenade.

I have read all the pros and cons on these cousins Babylock, Pfaff and singer, and I think with these high tech lots of features machines, you have to get used to them with trial and error, and it justs takes a few sewing sessions with different things you are working on. I do know people get lemons now and then with all machines, but overall I think the machines are amazing.

PS the auto thread cutter and these is just the best to me, sturdy and quick and then I zoom along again. I can't wait to use it for paper piecing.

Last edited by kerriy; 04-15-2012 at 05:38 AM.