Old 04-15-2012, 05:38 AM
athenagwis

Yay!! I am so happy to see everyone and read all your goals for today. You can quilt the whole day like me or just a few hours, but knowing others are quilting with you will help encourage you along. I have loved the pictures that are posted so far. Please be sure to update us through out the day too!!

So far I have made a couple of my solids only blocks, and I made my binding for my first quilt and I had a heck of a time with it. I have never ever had to unpick binding, but for some reason half my strips went together backwards and I had to do quite a bit of unpicking. Hopefully it will actually go on my quilt with many less issues. I used my Go! for the first time to cut the strips. Worked out okay. The strips were kind of wrinkly, but that may have been my fault since I didn't iron them first. It didn't seem to matter once I did iron and fold them though. It was very quick to use the Go! for the strips, I think I would do it again.

Here are some pics of my progress so far.

Cheers!
Rachel
Attached Thumbnails img_7485_resize.jpg   img_7490_resize.jpg   img_7491_resize.jpg   img_7495_resize.jpg