View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:46 AM
romanojg

Hi, the dealer is right about the guide bars not staying put. I have them on two walking feet and the same issue with them both. One if the Viking #1 and the other is a Janome. I have the new walking foot for my Ruby but haven't used it yet. I was taught to do the cross hatching by marking the lines and then I just sewed on the lines. I use a sliver of soap on dark fabric or you could use a marking pen. I've also heard of people using the painters blue tape. You are right about the #1 being an awesome machine. It is said to be the best machine ever built. I'm getting ready to sell mine only due to space and money issues and since I have the Ruby but I wish I could keep it. Good luck with you cross hatching. One of the methods I mentioned should work. By the way, I started in the center and worked my way out to the edge and then did the opposite side and then started in the other direction. I used my walking foot without the bars because it kept the fabric from puckering the way using a regular foot would do.