Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 AM
teacherbailey

Default Storing projects-in-progress

Originally Posted by susanwilley View Post
I found small see through plastic envelopes with velcro closures at Holly Lobby. They are great for storing my triangles, squares and other pieces. They're about 4 x 6, I think and are great for keeping the pieces seperate and I can see at a glance which one to grab. I also use the zippered see through bags that sheet sets and blankets come in to store the fabric that I'm using at the time. They are great for holding all the little envelopes in and keeping everything together. I haven't been able to find these envelopes anywhere except Holly Lobby and I've looked everywhere I go because Holly Lobby is not at all close to me. I tried to post pictures but haven't figured out how to yet. I keep getting a failed message.
A few years ago, my Kroger had dishpans in turquoise and fuschia on sale for $1 each. I got 7-8 of each. Each is big enough to hold an entire project with pattern, thread and even usually backing. They stack when almost full, too....so I have a couple of stacks of them. They're fun to look through when I need something to work on.