Old 01-19-2008, 10:58 AM
barnbum

Okay--I have an update. Trees!

Oh boy what a time consuming process. I had to figure out how to sew the rectangles onto the tree parts--I used the diagonal method, but never knew the rectangles had to be turned vertically. That was lesson one. :roll:

Then I figured out I had to draw the diagnoal sewing line on two different ways--from the opposite corner for each side. That was lesson two. :roll:

Then I had to remember to look back at the sheet I colored to see where blue had to be. And what shade of blue. Lesson three. :roll:

When I sewed the tree blocks onto the barn, I thought at first seams must line up somewhere, but they don't. :roll: (you know what number that was)

Then I could not decide if the same shades should at least match on a bough--or if it should all be random. I couldn't help but match across a little bit--but think maybe I shouldn't have. It might look striped :?: I still haven't learned that lesson.

I'm sure learning a lot. :wink:

I only need 4 small trees--they're done. I need 10 big ones. All the strips for them are done, so it should go quickly now.

Organized randomness sure takes time. :shock:

Attached Thumbnails attachment-21554.jpe