View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 07:54 PM
sewin'sam

I started with a Brother 8500 but it was limited in what it could do so upgraded it to a Brother ULT 2300D. I was very happy with that until I began having trouble with it. Later found out it was the design, NOT the machine! Upgraded again to their top of the line. Don't go there! I was happier with the ULT which has since been discontinued. The new one requires much more technical knowledge than I feel I have. I have looked at the Husquavarna machines at Joanns. Don't know if you have them where you are but their finished products look very nice & I think thery are inexpensive. you might want to look at them Or get one of the smaller Brother machines. But, they're right about the designs. You need the software to get the free designs. I have PE 8 now. Probably have thousands of designs & don't use 1/4 of them! Watch EmbLibrary.com for great sales! & you'll need a variety of stabilizers. More important than your thread! Although, I've used many different brands of threads & some are great while others are terrible! So, plan on spending a lot of time, it just flies by once you get in front of that machine!! Enjoy! It's fascinating!