Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 AM
suzanprincess

I've had enhanced nails (silk wrap, acrylic, fiberglass, gel) for about 12 years, and faithfully go in every two weeks for a fill. I save money by cutting and dying my hair myself, but am willing to pay approximately $10/week to have my nails!

My own nails grow fast but are very thin and weak, and without strengthener can break even when I'm--literally--doing nothing! (I never used to do an actual manicure on them; I just filed and shaped daily, or oftener, as they broke.) I've tried several salons over time, but have spent at least 11 of those years at the same place because it's clean, well ventilated, and the workers are skilled. I go to the same person each time, so far changing only when she quits because of her pregnancy! There is one quite talented young man there now--I think I'll try him when my current manicurist/friend of several years, just now pregnant, leaves; I was planning ahead this time because she's also a full-time nursing student, so I knew she would be leaving, just not this soon. Yes, of course I'm planning a baby quilt for her...!