Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 AM
arizonagirl

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
you only need a birth certificate to cruise to alaska even though it goes to canada. i am a budding cruise queen (10 down and counting). also you can get a US passport card to cruise with which is cheaper (about $55) and faster than getting a regular passport. all of the document information you will need will be located on the website of the cruise line you will travel on.

louise above all enjoy the cruise and remember to take a really large data card for your camera for picture taking. the alaskan cruise is just beautiful!!!!!

General Documentation and Visa Information
U.S. Citizens
Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Or Canada & New England Cruises
For round-trip sailings (cruises that depart from and return to the same U.S. port), you may sail with either a valid passport, proof of citizenship and a valid government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license with a photo), or any other WHTI compliant document.

Proof of Citizenship examples include:
  • State certified U.S. birth certificate
  • Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
  • Original certificate of U.S. citizenship
I believe that a
State certified U.S. birth certificate is different that the standard issued birth certificate that you receive when you order a birth certificate.
Congratulations on your trip to Alaska Louise.