Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
This is the quilt top that I put together this past weekend. The whole process has taken a little over a month of sewing here and there. I like to sew in stages. Get everything ready. Strip piece everything I can. Put the blocks together, then sliced the blocks and reput together. Then the block set a few weeks. I sewed all 42 blocks in 7 rows of 6. Currently is has a small blue border on which is not pictured.
Wonderful top!! Looks like a disappearing nine patch, but it sounds like you actually made it an easier way than the traditional method. Very cool!!

Originally Posted by blondey040300 View Post
So I just finished my very first quilt top ! And I am thrilled to death about it...I cannot wait to get the backing on and get it quilted. This was just so much fun to do. I am really excited about learning more and making tons and tons of quilts! My DH and I went to dinner tonight for our anniversary (tomorrow) and about half way through dinner he said..."You are just itching to get home and finish that quilt aren't ya?"...Yep I was!
Congratulations!! I hope you will share a pic with us. hubby better get used to your new addiction ... cough ... I mean hobby. hehehehe

Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
Those are gorgeous fabrics! Now I'll be on the look out for them! Did you get them online?

I also wanted to add the quilt I was working on today. It was my first try at a Storm at Sea.
Great version of Storm at Sea. What fun fabrics to use!!

Originally Posted by Everose View Post
Just found this thread. I wish, also, that I had found it sooner. But a large portion of the day was spent downstairs in the "sewing" section organizing the fabric. 9 months ago today my Mother (who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's) came to live with us and my sewing room went downstairs in piles. I have lost/misplaced 9 yards of fabric for DD's quilt. More cleaning to be done. I have found UFO's that I forgot that I had and finally found ones that I wanted to finish.

Was so fun to see what everyone was working on. Next time, I'll join you.

Have a great week, ladies.
Thanks for joining us even is it was a little late. Be on the look out for the post next month, I am thinking we will do this again May 20 (so we don't interfere with Mother's Day in the US).

Cheers!
Rachel