View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:18 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Love angels View Post
Wow what a great thread. I have been reading for hours now. hehehe I have learned so much. I have Brother SE400, have only done a few things on it. I love doing FSL I guess I am not motivated to play much because it is such a small emb. area. I really would love to get a machine with bigger embroidery area. I see several of you have purchased used machines. Do you go through your local dealer or private? If private what is a good way to make sure you are getting a good machine? With the expense I am kind of scared to go with a private seller. Thank you for this thread. It is a big help.
My Viking #1 (the one that I'm selling to help pay for a new one) I got from eBay only because I got a 2yr warranty for it. I am really thankful for that. I had issues trying to get it to sew right and sent it back to them. They were great to work with. I bought my Viking Ruby also used but it only had 7 hrs on it; I new the previous owner, she is a teacher at the LQS where I bought it. I got a warranty, instructional classes and monthly free embroidery classes. I agree, especially with the last machine and the expense I wouldn't have been able to feel comfortable buying from an individual. I got a great deal on it from the LQS adn 7hrs isn't bad; the previous owner just decided right away she wanted the latest model. I knew I wanted the largest hoop area that I could get. Next I'm getting the endless hoop and taking the class to be able to use it to it's fullest capabillity.