View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 08:27 AM
works4me

Default International Patriotic Challenge

My fellow Canadian QuiltE and I would like to issue a patriotic challenge. Since Canada Day and Independence Day fall so close to one another we thought it would be fun to issue a challenge to everyone to complete a quilt or other craft item in a patriotic theme. I have a Maple leaf quilt to do and QuiltE has a Mountie so we are all set.

Of course, if you do not live in North America, we don’t want to leave you out. We’d love to see what you have for patriotic items on which to work and we can learn a little about your days of independence or incorporation or freedom.

Try something new, mug rugs, table runner, pot holders. Me, I'm trying corner triangles. Mine will be a car quilt for any car shows we do, either in Canada or in the US, on July 1.

Show us your country spirit. But do it before July 1, 2012. - That is Canada's 145th birthday. I know we are babies in the world. How old is your country?

This is my the very beginnings of my project. I have adapted the pattern to include a cross stitched maple leaf as the centre square.[ATTACH=CONFIG]328260[/ATTACH]

Kathy
Attached Thumbnails canada-day-2012.jpg