Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 AM
irishrose

Hello, plainpat, it's good to hear from you. I hear you about the non quilt sewing. I have fabric for a graduation dress being sent from Albuequeque. I had told her I couldn't do it- that I don't so apparel anymore, but her life has been turned upside down by a family member and I don't have the heart to refuse a second time. I see an all nighter coming up. Alb graduates very early and there's the fitting problem. She buys a size 6 dress - someone in a fabric store measured her and sold her a size 14 pattern. I sure hope it's multi sized because I'm not cutting a 14 for her.

Pat - 50 years. I hope you are a 'get rid of it' not a "I might need it some day' housekeeper. I need to become more of the first one so my poor kids don't have to deal with so much 'stuff'. Enjoy your new house.

Pat (meanmom), it sounds like you had a great time at the quilt show. I've never been to a big one. Ours is inspiring enough. I won FQs at the small one in McBain last yeat. Soft Christmas colors. I guess I should make up something for the bazaar as they aren't my colors. I entered the quilt drawing here, but I would have donated it back if I had won. Another not my thing.

nancia, your mugrugs are darling. Congrats on the weight loss. I saw your post on the quiltalong site. We could have one right here if we can choose a date that some of us could work together in a virtual sense. I did get my quilt top finished by midnight. I will go back and post it today - the light isn't good in my LR at night for a pic. Sunday works for me after 1:00. I could even get up early and start before church - does anyone see that happening?? Dreamer! The backing is ready so now it's time to try the boards for sandwiching. The granddaughter who is getting this one is here from S Carolina, so I'm on a double timeline - to quilt and bind this before she leaves and do the Alb dress. Grrr.

My weight is still screwy. I haven't been eating with intent - just whatever. Today is a new day and a good time to fix that. I will eat two meals and a night snack and nothing in between. There - it's in print. Thank you, ladies, for being here to read it and keep me accountable. Whoops, I AM eating...... Will denotes the future and am means now and I need it and want it now.

Cindy, you sound like me. I just realized how quickly I read through Woman's World magazine. I can stop at the library and do that and save the $1.79 a week, $8.05 a month for a yard of fabric. I sent for your address.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. Have a good day. Eat clean, drink your water, and don't blow away when you go walking. I think this wind is widespread.