Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Jim's Gem

Nancia, great job uploading and re-sizing pictures. I have not figured out how to do that yet. But since I got this new computer I have not really tried yet. Soon, perhaps.

Tomorrow is my surgery. I am not worried about the surgery stuff, only the not being able to walk on it for 4 weeks. I'm not sure how I will survive this!! My house is NOT wheel chair friendly. I really really hope that I will be able to at least put some weight on it and use a walker around the house. Getting up and down the stairs will be a great challenge. At the moment it is throbbing. I have a bunch of stuff to do today and just sat down for a few min. I see my Dr at 1:30 and sign all the papers. DH is going with me and we need to remember to ask questions such as can I really put weight on it and what happens after the 4 weeks. I am going to make him take me on a couple of short errands and then when we get home I am going to try and get my garden it. It rained on Wednesday and Friday here and so I could not get anything in over the weekend, the ground was too muddy. I hope it's not too muddy today to work in cause this is the last opportunity I will have for at least a month.
My DH is wonderful, he dug it all up for me last week (before the rain) and he is great about watering for me but he does not plant my garden. Whatever I don't get in I will have to have my DD#1 come over and plant for me.
I am cooking up a bunch of beans to throw in smaller containers in the freezer so they will be available for me. We will end up getting at least 7-10 meals brought in, if not more and though I will request low fat/calorie, I can't be too fussy when others are providing!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!