View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 AM
amyhamilton

Default nannys sewing machine

hey
I'm looking to learn a little about this sewing machine. My grandmother got it when she was on a trip across Canada several years ago. It was a treadle, but with her arthritis she couldn't use it as is but loved the machine so much and wanted to use it so she had it converted into an 'automatic' with a motor and pedal. She passed away two years ago, and this past Christmas i received this machine. No one else in the family sews and my mother and aunts wanted to see it get used. For Christmas this year I'm planning on making all of my aunts and my mom a quilt pieced with this machine and I'm looking to make a little card up with the history of the machine. This is wear you and your expertise and experience with antique sewing machines come in. Is there anything you know about this machine, wear it was made. Wear would i look for that kind of thing? Are there pictures of the different factories or shops that would have built these machines? Anything and everything would be helpful.
Now lets hope i can get these pictures loaded...hmm
Attached Thumbnails photo-2-.jpg   photo-1-.jpg   photo-3-.jpg   photo-4-.jpg   photo.jpg