Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by LindaC View Post
Oh Louise, you lucky thing
We did the Alska cruise two years ago and loved it. There are quite a few quilt shops along the stops, if you google the ports of call for quilt shops you will find them. We got to see whales, seals and bald eagles which my daughters loved. One of the extra excursions we did was to the husky camp which was my youngest daughters favourite part of the whole trip. Our cruise started from Vancouver and we spent two days there beforehand. As it was a long flight from Ireland we also did the Rocky Mountaineer train trip to Calgary and spent two days in Calgary as well. It was a wonderful holiday and one that I would gladly do again. My husband even got used to the "there's just one shop here that I want to go to" and started looking out for fabric and quilt shops himself and even came inside and helped pick out fabrics with Alaskan themes on them. You will have a ball.
And don't forget to stock up on cozy moose print jammies! My sisters have done that cruise and each time they went they brought back my favorite winter wear - moose pjs!