Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Jim's Gem

Irishrose, I am not strong enough to hop up the steps either. Both of my knees are bad and have been hurting too, especially the last 2 days. My right knee needs a replacement, but we will try those injections first. Not cortisone, tried that, it does nothing for me. Anyway, no hopping, it would destroy that knee!!!
I am not even 52 yet!!! I am coming to the realization that it is probably my weight that has destroyed my joints and my feet. I have been (well) over 250 for 17 years and I think it has taken it's toll. Right now, fully dressed and wearing my "boot" I am about 254. I think I have reached my goal of being under 250 but only weight in downstairs after getting dressed. I need to get my weight off before I do any more joint damage. The knees will need replacing eventually but hopefully I can prevent the rest of my body from falling apart. I feel so much older than 51!!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!