View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
azwendyg

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
After seeing all the beautiful quilt photos, I know that I have a long way to go before I could make anything worthy of entering a contest. Having said that, I love seeing all the beautiful quilts that others are entering in the contests. I hope you continue the contests.
More food for thought:

I'd sure like to figure out a way to address Carrie's statement here. How can we have contests to fit more people's skill levels and encourage more people to enter? Would a self-classified "novice" category help? I'm not a "professional" but I think I'm more than "novice" and certainly don't want to discourage other folks from entering just because I've been practicing more... (Random thoughts...I know...)

And the voting problem is another issue. I'm VERY comfortable with computers, and have to follow the directions quite carefully in order to ensure that I vote correctly each time. The number of PM's on this site are pretty limited, so I don't think voting by PM is an option.

What about a "mailto" link for each entry that automatically put the correct info in the subject line for voting on that entry, and only having to actually add your board name in the body of the message? I realize this would still be problematic for those who don't have an email program set up on their computer though, so there would still need to be an alternate method of emailing a vote similar to what we have now.