View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
EvelynJ

Default Quilting Board Quilt Contests

Rhonda:

I stumbled upon the contests information simply by chance about a week ago. I don't feel that I have enough experience or understanding of what I am doing to join in a contest. I do my quilting for relaxation and for fun. I have not created any quilt by a pattern or kit.

I will be honest to admit that I am scared to death that if I join one of the contests and I am not able to complete the task in time. I don't understand the RR either. I do not want to commit to something and not be able to live up to that comitment.

Plus with times as they are financially I cannot afford to create a huge quilt. I can do a small scrappy table runner or some other small thing out of my scrap pile. I'm currently a full-time student striving for my Associates Degree. I have two semesters (I'm keeping my fingers crossed) before I complete my degree plan. That is my priority right now.

I love looking at the wonderful creations and thoroughly enjoy the Quilting Board. I'm not making excuses; excuses are for losers. I am merely stating the facts.