View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:17 PM
krysti

Default Viking (830 or 835 I think)--

DH and I were at Joann's the other day, and he made the mistake of saying "shall we look at the machines?" I had told him previously I would never want one of those expensive machines; but then I walked by and say the arm on that Viking and I started drooling! I am wondering if anyone has a Sapphire (and which one if you do)? I am pretty sure that the one I glanced at was an 835; but they had 3 of them sitting there. All I can think about is that arm space, and it seems like it would be way less difficult to quilt on because of all that extra room. The price they had on the machine was $899. This is ALOT of money for me; however I am trying to see if I could figure out a way to get it. There would be no way I could spend anymore than that like for a Pfaff or Bernina or anything like that. For those of you who do have this machine, do you like it? What do you like about it? Have you had any problems with it? If so, what kind? What, if anything do you dislike about it? How often does it need to be serviced, and how much does it cost to have serviced? Is it best to buy new or used? Does it usually come with the correct quilting feet? If not; which ones should you purchase and how much? Is there a particular time of year that is best to buy as far as getting better deals? I am sorry I am asking so many questions. I did not talk to the salesperson or anything; I have been trying to talk myself out of it since I saw it; because I really can't afford, but........I figured I could at least educate myself on it. Thank you in advance for your responses; I so appreciate it!