Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Labradorsmom

Default Thanks a million to all.......

Originally Posted by Labradorsmom View Post
Hello everyone, I just became a member. I'm new at quilting and loving it. In search of a Singer "red eye" treadle machine, I ended with a black treadle sewing machine that looks like Singer, but it is not Singer. I've tried to find info. on it, and don't seem to find any. Has any member even heard of this such brand? I have attached a few photos for you to see. No s/n or anything engraved. Thank you kindly.
Wow! Thank you all so very much, to all members for taking your time to find info. on this machine. I truly appreciate the insight. I was to get my mother's Singer Red Eye, and got this one delivered instead. I see where the confusion took place ~right? But even the name Royal is on the cast iron pedal! I was very disappointed to say the least. I am a Singer fanatic, own 5 singer sewing machines and my crown jewel would have been my mother's Singer Red Eye.......Well I got the crown alright~LOL. My wonderful hubby went above and beyond and got this fake jewel cleaned, lubed, oiled, polished, etc. and it looks and sews amazing! I guess Ill use it for a while and maybe sell it someday when the true queen arrives. Thank you! p.s. I don't know how my pictures are coming out that way......anyone know how I can change them? Ah....newbies........