View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 PM
LTeachergeorge

Krysti, I have a Viking Sapphire -- an 835, I think. It is not here right now (I put it in storage to ready for company over Easter -- didn't want you to think it was in the shop! LOL) I also have a Viking Designer SE (embroidery). LOVE LOVE LOVE both of them!! I've had the Sapphire for about 4 years and the SE for about 8. You are correct about the extra arm space on the Sapphire. It is really nice, though I don't do much of my own quilting. The Sapphire frame is the same as Viking's top-of-the-line Diamond. There are quite a few fancy stitches on it also. I bought the Sapphire thinking it would be lighter to take to classes, etc, but it really isn't. I alternate using them in no particular sequence. I do think I paid a LOT more than $899 -- I bought it from a Viking dealer, so it came with free classes, which I have gone through several times. I learn something new each session. I had to purchase the 1/4 inch piecing foot and the single holed throat plate extra -- throat plate is large, so it was pricey. All my feet (and bobbins) are interchangeable on the two machines. Viking are extremely well made and you will love it if you decide to purchase. Hope I've answered some questions. Ask me more if you'd like. Good luck! Linda George