View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 PM
misskira

Mostly just a featherweight to start with. I have a small sewing space and would like a dedicated piecer since I also sew kids clothes and diapers. I also want to be able to take it out sewing, and my brother pc420 is a bit big for that. I have my grandmothers cabinet 15-90 that hasnt been used in nearly 20 years to get up and running. I don't think it will take much. I want to try some FMQ on that one. And i added a serger last fall. Dh is giving me the stink eye about bringing home yet another machine, so i bet this will be all for awhile. I reminded him is racecar takes up more space and money than all my machines combined. Someday I do want a pretty treadle and a sturdy hand crank some I'm prepared for the zombie apocalypse, lol. I figure I could trade clothes and quilts for the food the others stockpile.

But I did find a fw! I pick her up tomorrow. $225, so not a steal by any means but she looks fabulous, has all her parts and is within pick up distance so I can look before I hand over the money and won't have to worry about misrepresentation or shipping. I've been saving up selling my diapers and outgrown knit woollies special for this so I'm ok with it.