Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
nurseknitsLaura

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Joe, thanks for the info. Everything on the white looks pristine in the photo so I will probably take a look at it and see what I can determine is the problem.

I am definitely going to look at the Franklin tomorrow. It is not in a cabinet and doesn't come with anything. If I get it, it will my grungiest vintage purchase that I have ever made. I guess it just looks like a good challenge to me. If nothing else, maybe it will be a nice show piece on one of my shelves.

Thanks again Candace for all of your help.
I have a white 77. it is a solid machine. I rewired mine, as I didn't like the foot controller. Actually, I TRIED to re wire it, and then Mizkaki came over and rescued me in about 3 minutes. I failed to take picture of the wiring before removing it, certain that I would remember how it went. You can stop laughing anytime, now. This machine had really grungy tension plates. At first I thought it was rust, but after taking it apart I fund it was stuck together with dried oil. weird, but true.

I have just finished my second machine using Skipper's tutorial on French polish. It is amazing. It is hard to get a meaningful photo of the change, but in person it is really a stunning difference. Completely worth doing. Maybe this Franklin, as your most grungy, would be a good candidate? Laura