View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:46 AM
works4me

Hi coopah: Our car club managed 10 cars last year when we weren't even organizing the car show portion of the event so we can get a lot of people out. We are entering the 2006 MINI, not the 1974 Mini we have. We have received flack for the MINI previously but, once we tell people it is a special edition, 1 of only 64 in the world, and has 210 hp, they seem to appreciate it suddenly. We will also enter our 1960 Austin Healey Sprite Mk1 (BugEye) which we are just finishing. Later in the year, the BugEye is going on a 1500 mile three day tour and then a trip to Maryhill, Washington for the Car is King weekend. A trip to the far south would only be accomplished on a car trailer, I think.

Next time you visit, give me aheads up.

Are you thinking of joining our challenge?

craftymatt2/Mary: I honestly don't remember. I've been collecting fabrics for a while. The pattern, some of the flag fabric and I'm sure some of the red came from The Quilted Bear in Ladner, BC. The majority of my stash is from local quilt shops around Vancouver BC as well as from the sewing shows in the area. How much do you need? Once I finish the cutting I can see if there is any spare and send some your way. I hope you join us for this challenge. It doesn't have to be a full quilt if you are consumed by other projects, and aren't we all.

Last edited by works4me; 04-17-2012 at 06:53 AM.