Old 04-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
I agree with Candace on the rayon thread. Candace I have bought almost every shade of Isacord from Meissners in Folsom. I bet the store down near Arden mall has it too. I love the Isacord - I started using it when my embroidery machine kept refusing to sew with other brands of embroidery thread - love the stuff!

Joe, the reason I asked about the thread weight it just looking at the photos makes it look like the thread your wife is using is a heavier weight thread. When I buy my fancy jeans, the decorative thread on them has to be 30 weight or heavier. I haven't been able to find thread like that unless I get upholstery thread.
Nancy, I know you can mail order 30wt. And Joannes carries heavy weight upholstery type thread that has to be at least 30 wt. But, yes, I would imagine to have a selection of colors, mail order would be good. I'm actually researching those tools to heat set crystals as I have a wall hanging for Christmas, that I'm planning on glitzing up. That tool would work on jeans too:> I mail order my Isacord from https://www.imachinegroup.com/store/...oduct_list&c=1

Best prices I've found! I do buy locally for a lot of items, but I can't pay over double for the thread locally!

The store by Arden Fair...which one? Are you talking about one of the Hancocks or Beverlys?