Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
I agree with Candace on the rayon thread. Candace I have bought almost every shade of Isacord from Meissners in Folsom. I bet the store down near Arden mall has it too. I love the Isacord - I started using it when my embroidery machine kept refusing to sew with other brands of embroidery thread - love the stuff!

Joe, the reason I asked about the thread weight it just looking at the photos makes it look like the thread your wife is using is a heavier weight thread. When I buy my fancy jeans, the decorative thread on them has to be 30 weight or heavier. I haven't been able to find thread like that unless I get upholstery thread. I have taken the inseam apart to open up a leg on jeans to embroider flowers on the leg, but never tried to go through more than a single layer. I am inspired to try embroidering around the pockets after seeing those photos! You know those really nice jeans with the glitz all over the pockets run around $100 a pair! I just might start getting plain jeans and doing the decorating myself! Thanks for the inspiration!
Nancy
Nancy, I noticed your jeans that you had worn to Cathy's TOGA, but I didn't make a comment since I thought you just purchased them that way. Do you add additional embroidery to all of your jeans? You did an excellent job!!