Old 04-17-2012, 10:15 AM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
we are ready !!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328019[/ATTACH]

cold storage cellar- concrete walls on all sides...
with all the amenities needed to survive a storm.. stuffed animals, favorite blanket and toys, doz flashlights and batteries, bottled water, canned goods, and even junk food!!!
Here she was watching her dvd's on my laptop..... shes comfortable (and less scared) with her favorite things around her...
All the amenities? Um, I think you forgot something UBER important in that list... FABRIC!!!! Hey, not only is it fab-u, but it could come in handy, too. You could use it to tether yourself to something... see? I'm always thinking...

Actually, when we lived in Wichita (back in the Stone Age... Fred & Wilma Flintstone lived next door), we were in a tornado lock-down in our basement, which just happened to be where my sewing studio was & when they sounded the all clear signal, I was so engrossed in the blocks I was working on (a Maple Leaf quilt made from my Grandmother's scraps... don't even get me started on that fiasco), I finally looked up & my family had long since gone above-ground. That is dedication!