Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
Thanks so much, Joe and Irishrose! I'm thinking this is beyond me, or at least beyond my toolbox. I'm going to carry the motor in to show her today, and let her decide. Anyone have an approximate price of a new motor from Sew-Classic? Since this machine is all so nice...no wear marks at all...all of the gold is pristine, I'm thinking that is exactly what happened, Joe...the wiring just disintegrated! My friend sewed with it the other night just to be sure it worked. I wouldn't have even plugged it in! I may ask the maintenance department to have a look and get an opinion from them. Pretty small motor for them, tho. LOL! Maybe I'll offer to buy the machine from my friend for what she paid and then do what I think should be done. New motor! Thank you again!
Maybe we can sweet talk Joe into doing a tutorial with LOTS of pictures - I bet your maintenance man wouldn't even blink. There are small motor repair shops still around maybe they would tackle it. Sew-classic does have a motor you can swap on there - probably not as heavy duty.