Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 AM
gardnergal970

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Well i am up late again tonight! I was totally excited about getting my new Geese template and I made 16 geese so fast my head was spinning!

I just get a little too excited sometimes and don't take time to think! I really liked the idea of using the black and white for my geese rather than the turquoise. So i was quite amazed when my beautiful perfect geese did not fit! I looked at everything again and nope didn't reach the end. Soooo I decided to go back to the lesson on making the geese, and wouldn't ya just know it I made the wrong size geese.

I pressed them flat and just looked at it for a while, my husband looked at it, he suggested that I hide my error by bringing out the last color an inch to cover to the end. I decided to embrace my error and add 1 inch of color!

So what do you think? Do I need to take it apart and start stitch pickin', or Embrace my individuality???
I wonder how many blocks have been "created" over the years just this same way...something was sewn to fit the block when it didn't come out as planned? You did good!!!