View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Vicki W

Since I believe you are paying for her advice, I would think about why I started the relationship and are you meeting the goals you had for having her teach you. Sounds to me that a good discussion is in order if you are getting out of these class what you need, or even if you are not.

Some people have not been trained to speak to other constructively. (Constructive does not meet blunt, if you really want the person's attention the two parties need to be working toward a common goal). (e.g. my daughter is a PreK teacher and was having parent teacher conferences with her assistance. The assistant told the parents, your child can speak loudly enough where my daughter indicated the same concern in the statement: It would be beneficial if you work with your child summer on speaking louder in class as he prepares to move to Kindergarten in the fall.) Same thing was said, but one was blunt and pointed to a problem with the student, the other points to an opportunity for improvement. You are looking for opportunities for improvement with your quilting.