Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Honchey ... I too recommend trying the left footed pedal technique. I thought it'd be hard, and just started recently, and was surprised how easily I adapted. I will confess, that I still sometimes hit go with the left, and at the same time use the knee pedal, which of course, only lifts up the foot! I am getting better, and and remembering to use the lift as I sew. Old habits die hard ..... and as you can tell, I learned with an old cabinet Singer with the knee pedal.

QNSue ... ITA that your blocks are so filled with stories, that I am anxious to see them. And truth be known, I am learning from this, and find myself frustrated if I can't find a story fabric for my blocks! As for those stories ... if you're not getting them written down (or computer'd into memory!) ... how about talking them onto tapes?

All ... For me, this quilt is going to be filled with so many personal touches, and that includes each of you! The fabric we've been sending back and forth. The American Flags I sent off, and will gladly send to anyone else who has had 2nd thoughts are another touch. And more, as it comes. I don't have the "family" to heir these too, so it's just between me, and you and my sewing machine!

Speaking of which ..... I found this yesterday for my PC backing .......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328772[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails virginback-009.jpg