View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default Awesome customer service

Last week I got an email from Thousandsofbolts.com that they were having a sale on wide backings, $1.00 off per yard. I ordered a couple of different ones and some other fabrics. All neutrals and creams. Boring yes but my stash can always use neutrals and creams and they always work well for backings.

My box arrived on Monday (I only ordered on Friday!!) and I tore it open expecting a rather bland "vanilla" inside. To my surprise there was a huge chunk of one of the most gorgeous rich dark royal blues. I thought, hmmm, did I accidentally hit the wrong thing when ordering, I could have sworn I ordered all neutrals. I loved the blue and it most definitely was a wide backing so I got on line to review what I had ordered compared to what I received and my invoice. Sure enough I had gotten the wrong backing but as I was just ordering for my stash, it wasn't a disaster. Add to that I absolutely LOVED what I got much better than what I had ordered. When I figured out what I had gotten was, it was also a backing that was $1.00 more per yard in price than what I ordered (we are only talking $5 total though). To make matters even better, I have a WIP that this blue backing will be perfect on.

So I wrote them an email to explain I got the wrong fabric but that was OK. I was quite happy with it and wanted to keep it but wanted their inventory to be correct so wanted to notify them of the issue.

They sent me a response thanking me and for my "trouble" (ha, no trouble) gave me a $10 gift certificate I can redeem out of my account on my next order.

I love thousandsofbolts.com