View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Rosyhf

Default I also fell over backwards.

To continue the chit/chat....as I was moving and pulling the plasic cabinet backwards, It was very light and I didn't need any help and I knew the dolly was there but thought I could guage it as I came along backwards toward the outside door. Well I didn't guage it and I fell backwards over the dolly. Talk about feeling stupid.

I was lucky, I could have broken something. The space was a bit narrow as I was going between the rocking chair and a quilt rack. My arm hit the rack and it came down on me and my butt hit the dolly (it's a flat surface dolly with four wheels) and between the rack and the dolly, it broke my fall and I unconciously kept my head up. The rack hit my leg and I don't know what hit my upper leg but I was sore with a couple lumps but thankfully no broken bones.

Hubby had just finished telling me two days ago how many ederly fall each year and I felt so stupid. I hve fallen twice this year out of plain stupidness lol. ....I will be real careful now. I am 70 years old and at my age, I don't need to be falling, not even for a man ahahahahhaha