Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 PM
irishrose

I'm glad I'm not moving, but I need to pretend I am so I can travel lighter. Right now I need to travel lighter in terms of things I need to do. The Sharon Schamber boards worked wonderfully well for sandwiching the quilt without leaving the house or getting down on the floor. The video shows a little quilt and a lightweight batting. I had an 81" quilt and a queen size cotton/poly batt, so it wasn't as pretty to look at, but it worked. It did seem to take longer, but being at home, I think I didn't rush and this was the first time, too. The quilt is very smooth, front and back.

The Jewel Box quilt is on the 301 being FMQed. My first all over meander - in the past, I've worked block by block. It's interesting to say the least. The mailman brought me a package with dotted fabric and a pattern yesterday. A size 14-18 for a size 5-6 DGD. I'd like to strangle the person in the JoAnn's in Albuquerque who measured her and sold her that pattern. I was able to get it in a 6 here. I made a bodice today and put in the mail with a list of questions. She will call me with the answers as soon as she gets it. Meanwhile, I can work on some of the skirts and collect the other things I need. The bodice is interfaced, lined with boning. It has two layers of skirts and she wants tulle ruffles on the under one like the flower girl and communion dresses I made for her years ago. Did I say her graduation party is May 11, so I want it in the mail by the first? It's a huge skirt and is shown hemmed by hand. I will have to do it by machine. Lots of fun going back to my ELna - it threads differently than the 301, the reverse is different, but we have been together so long that I caught on qulckly. That machine sews so perfectly. My youngest daughter's wedding dress is hanging here waiting for pressing to be in a wedding dress show. It can wait until after the quilt is delivered.

Add to that the weather will warm up again very soon and my gardens need me. I didn't do anything when we had that warm spell because I felt it would get cold again and I wanted the perennials protected, but it's getting time now. Help! I need a housewife! My ex-husband is willing, but I'm not willing to let him on the property.

Okay, enough whining. My break time is almost over. I hope you are all doing well. We are in the last half of the month.

Di, how very proud you must be of your daughter. I saw the pic in the other thread. She's a lovely girl.

I have red lentils here, but I've never cooked any. I'm sure I will like them.

Tomorrow night is a church meeting. Our circle is in charge of the food for this wedding gala, so I need to go out tomorrow and line up some things so I can let people know what I need from them. I am not making the cake. I'm retired from that. Friday is a high school softball game, but it's here, so it won't take much time.

Gayle should be home from the hospital tomorrow if she isn't already. I hope she checks in with us.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Goodnight, all.