View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 PM
MacThayer

The quilt is beautiful as is, and I certainly said: WOW, when I saw it. I couldn't imagine how you were going to mix black and brown together, but you've done a gorgeous job of it, and are to be heartily congratulated. Don't worry about the size. I'd done several queen sized quilts, and was anxious when I did my first king. In fact, it turned out not much different than a queen, just a little bigger. You're doing a superb job of color selection and piecing. Don't let anyone tell you any different! And you've picked a lovely, varied pattern with constantly changing areas of interest due to pattern and color changes. It's brillant. I'll bet if you asked, your DIL wouldn't want a quilt that was so fancy and intricate that it "stole the show" and took all of the attention away from the other decorating in their master bedroom. I know I wouldn't. I went to a lot of trouble to decorate our master bedroom. I wouldn't want a "masterpiece" on the bed taking attention away from all my hard work. You are right to create a quilt with "Wow" factor, but not so complicated as to steal the whole show. A master bedroom should be be balanced, and encourage the eye to wander, rest in areas, and then continue to wander. Your quilt will allow for that.

Congratulations! You should be proud of yourself!

Cheers!

Last edited by MacThayer; 04-18-2012 at 11:50 PM.