View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:46 AM
ranger

Originally Posted by thomp116 View Post
Hi everyone - I have been off the QB for what seems like ages, and am just now catching up on posting pictures.
These are my February UFO's.
#1 is a mystery quilt I started in 1999!
#2 is a tool panel
#3 is my granddaughters birthday gift....while other grandma's are doing pink and cute, I've got 'day of the dead' for the 19 year old. To each her own, I guess.
#4 is some fabric I picked up at our guild yard sale for $2.00. I did add a little more to it, though.

I am enjoying seeing all the UFO's being finished!
Originally Posted by thomp116 View Post
Now for March:
#1 are two of the four 'All About Poppa' quilts that I finished in March. I made a total of seven. One has been done for awhile, and I still have two more to quilt. These were made to keep my husband's memory alive for the grandkids. Each family will receive one.
#2 is a wall quilt to hide my daughter's ugly walls (she lives in an old house and the walls are not the best).
#3 was started in 2007 and is based on an antique quilt I saw in a magazine.
#4 is a small baby quilt. No story on this one!
#5 is a Halloween quilt made with blocks received in a block swap last year on the QB.
I am amazed at these great quilts.
You have certainly met the 'get the UFOs finished' challenge for Feb and March.
Wonderful job with them.
It's hard to pick a favorite.
I like the tool panel and the 'day of the dead' quilt and I like the colors in your DD's quilt.
I am envious of the Halloween one because I have wanted to do a Halloween quilt for forever and still haven't done it.
I like the sentiment behind the 'all about Poppy' ones....nice idea.
I will pick the 1999 mystery quilt as my favorite. I like the colors and I am drawn to the continuation of the pattern into the border area...love that. The pattern looks familiar but can't place the name. Or is it your own design and just similar to something I've seen before?

Last edited by ranger; 04-19-2012 at 03:48 AM.