View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 AM
momjoy6

Have you ever tried the temp spray adhesive? It works wonders for avoiding shifting on the front or backside as you are quilting. I use it now for most of my quilting, FM or SITD, and it makes it so much easier to be sure of the results. I have never used, or don't even think I know what Minkee is. But my suggestion is to try the temp adhesive spray and see the difference
Originally Posted by Hemlock Tea View Post
Thanks! The minkee was a little hard to work with, but I follow a no-fear quilting philosophy- it's just fabric, and I refuse to be afraid of it . I have a few uneven spots on the back where it shifted as I was quilting, I would have shown these but they didn't really show up in the photo.

As far as the fabric growing on me- I bought it because I like the "softness" of the colors (if that makes sense), if not the palette, and also I liked the prints. It doesn't really fit my style, and I would have given it away, but I needed something to "personalize" my office when I got my promotion, and grabbed this quilt off the shelf. I'd say it has grown on me, because I haven't replaced it yet!