Thread: Pass the Block
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 AM
JudyG

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been around for awhile, but it's always crazy when we move from one state to the other. We are back in Washington now. Had a good trip back, but then DH couldn't find any of the keys to our cars so had no transportation for 3 days. He had decided before he left last fall to hide them so if someone got into the garage they couldn't steal the cars. We looked and looked and looked. He finally found them up in his airplane hangar! Thank heavens. He still doesn't remember putting them there. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Di, I received Deb's quilt top. Sure is pretty. Now I need to figure out what to do with it.

LJ, you are in my prayers. Sure am hoping they don't find any spots when you go to the dr.

Crafty, sure hope your new water pills are working for you. You have had a time of it the past few months.

Robert, you piecing is looking good. I remember back when I first got my embroidery machine that's all I wanted to do for several years. Hardly did any piecing at all. Then when I started again it was like learning all over again. I have found if I make blocks like half square triangles a little oversize, then trim them down, it makes a world of difference in my work. Also, starch is a quilter's best friend. Can't believe how using starch improved my piecing.

I spent yesterday cleaning my sewing room so I'd have room to start backing quilt tops and quilting. Hope to get some of the quilts for the kids camp quilted real soon.

Off to my monthly sewing group this morning. Be nice to see everyone I haven't seen for six months. Thank goodness he found those keys!