View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Dar-midlife

Thanks for the encouragement for all of us!
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Longarm quilting can certainly be intimidating at first.......but if you spent the money you certainly must have looked into it rather intensely prior to purchase and decided you wanted to do this. I have been LA for over 10yrs and vaguely remember my first experiences....there have been so many satisfying moments since then.........just remember it takes time and patience to "master" the thing. Granted, there are a few who just turn it on and wonders happen, but most of us have to concentrate, practice, talk to ourselves, and whatever it takes to keep one grounded to continue. Start with either muslin sandwiches-top, batt, bottom or use some ug fabric just to practice on....those can later be bound and donated to animal shelters....they love to use them in the animal cages.......don't expect to have perfect anything at first.....if you do a panto, buy one that has lots of soft curves, not straight or diagonal lines...it is easier to fudge a curve than a line and keep your eye not on the laser but just ahead of it, like when you drive, your eyes scan the road in front of you, not glued to the spot in front of the wheels...sort of the same thing...and above all relax, breathe and be happy with what you are doing. If you decide longarming is not for you....and yes there is a bit of muscle strain occasionally, then put it up for sale.....it does not depreciate drastically andf you will probably get most of your initial output back. these are just my thought today...now I have to put up another top and quilt it.......