View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Kitsie

[QUOTE=Kitsie;5148487]How to quilt it? I can do straight stitch designs on my domestic machine like melon seeds, SID, cross hatch and any simple curves. I'd like to have most of any pattern (like a simple flower) in the snowball blocks and the "flower blocks" are busy enough and I don't want to take away from the fabrics and design. Really don't like an all-over design, what I call the "gravel road" look

Perhaps a viney look with a couple of leaves? (Oh, it is spring!! The first 2 pairs of swallows just arrived!
If I were brave and could FMQ (have not the least desire to!), I'd do a larger flower in the SBs the same shape as the fabric print but this is a king size and I've done them before, but not when I have to turn it and turn it!.

I cannot afford to have it LAd and the giftee's want me to do it. Nice compliment but....!

Here we go again! So much interest in this beauty. This is a wonderful pattern that "hundreds" of us are doing! The information about it is in this original post by "ksmiley". If you can't find it, pm me!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...n-t180622.html