Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 AM
Jim's Gem

Missy, you have done a fabulous job!!! You should be proud of yourself!! Keep up the good work. No Mod is going to kick you off of here unless you do or say something really offensive!!!! We don't kick people off for not participating as much as "others"
Of course, this is not my thread and I am not in charge of it by any means.
Thank you every one for your well wishes. I slept good last night after 2 nights of hardly sleeping. Of coursed the Vicodin and the Ambien I took probably did the trick. DH just left for work and I told him to leave me here in front of the computer. My DD#1 is supposed to be here in about 40 min with my grand-daughter. If the foot starts throbbing I will put it up. At the moment I am in the wheel chair but I could put the foot up on a desk chair and twist my body. I think I can carefully transfer myself to my recliner if I need to. Dr indicated that this is the nastiest heel spur that he had ever seen. He called me last night, personally, to see how I was faring. Nice guy!
I'm not sure how I will weigh in at the end of the month. I will have to balance on one foot on the scale, but we have some time for that yet. I am also at the mercy of what people bring for dinner. I know that tonight's dinner will be low-fat & low cal cause the couple bringing it are on a vegetarian diet and know how I am trying to eat. Tomorrow night's dinner is coming via one of my quilting friends and she understands what I am trying to do as well. I think my DD#3 is coming over to cook either Saturday or Sunday dinner and DD#1 may do the other. Another understanding quilting friend is bringing Monday's dinner. I have tons of veggies in my fridge that hopefully one of my kids will cook up for me before they go bad.
I did not weight myself right before surgery but I think I have been basically maintaining. It was hard with that boot, I think it weighed at least a pound or two and this splint on my foot now is pretty heavy.
I want to sew but that may not be good to do yet. I spent a bit of time this weekend cutting out kits to work on. All baby size. 5 are for baby girls that are on their way and I cut out 12 Quilts for Kids type quilts that I and my friend Toni(who' bringing monday's dinner) will put together for our local Quilts for Kids chapter. I have quite the fabric stash and can put together all kinds of kits.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!