Old 04-19-2012, 08:05 AM
kittyannart

Question Need Advice, looking to purchase a machine...

I have a Viking Designer SE already, use it for everything *but* I'm looking to purchase a machine I can leave set up for FMQing, the SE is set up for embroidery a lot of the time and I hate breaking it down when I have a few minutes to quilt!

That said, I have $1000 to spend on a machine but which one?! There seem to be so many on the market that are sold with FMQing feet. I have Bernina, Janome, Baby Lock, Viking and Brother dealers here in town so lots to choose from (nearest Pfaff dealer is 2 hrs away).

I've gone by the dealers and looked around a bit, except for Bernina as I figured I wouldn't get far with only a $1000! =0)

The only requirements I have in a machine are:
*needle up/down
*knee lever or sensor foot such as Vikings have
*thread cutter would be nice but do not have to have

I've had a Pfaff previous to the Viking, have become very spoiled by all the goodies on the SE! I also have a vintage Singer in a cabinet, it's a big black monster that was given to me by a friend's great aunt. I've toyed with the idea of trying to FMQ on it as I've heard good things about the old Singers.

Anyhoo, now that I've broke your ears - please do tell me what you FMQ on and why you like your machine!