View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Robinlee

I'm with this crew, PRE-WASH..........I have a degree in Clothing and Textiles, and even before I finished Jr. high I knew to prewash fabric (sewing since I was seven years and in 4-H), lesson's learn paid off, but one time I made a special Wedding quilt for DD and DSIL, all the fabrics were pre-washed (Before Color Catchers), and the darker colors were done 2's and with vinagar(I wasn't taking chances). My mom long armed quilted it, then because of the marking tools for the special quilting, she decided it needed washing before the "Big Day". Well, let's put it this way............she was just beside herself to find out that the Blue bled into the yellow and white. We were calling all over for advice, She hand washed, scrubed till her hands were red. The blue was washed 2'x, and set with vingar, and of course the main border. I know it could of been worse if it wasn't for the pre-washing before hand.

Yes, it is an extra step to take and of course the ironing is a pain, but truly, why take the chances of not, and having to work hard to remove (if at all possible) and the money/time you put in to making this item.

Originally Posted by TexasSunshine View Post
I'm with Dunster, feline fanatic and Jingle.