Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 AM
irishrose

Gayle, I'm glad you are up and around. I managed to make drapes and valances for an entire house and replace the wallpaper border in a bedroom (I'm not sure how I managed that) while wheelchair bound with one foot in the air. Doesn't your wheelchair have leg rests? - that and two pillows kept my foot up. I took the unused one off for better mobility. I also had a birthday party for my youngest daughter. Baking and cooking is a little messy, but it can be done. My husband's idea of 'getting dinner' was bringing home Taco Bell food and I didn't consider that healing food.

Pam, the dress is not a nightmare. I have done so many wedding dresses and prom dresses than none of it is new to me (quilting is new to me - almost 18 months now).The problem is the long distance fitting because it has to fit like a glove - and the time constraints. I sew well under pressure, but I can't control the USPS. I love this child dearly and so I can do whatever it takes. I want to start the underskirt today though I am trying to talk her into the shorter view. If she comes around, I can shorten it from the top later. I hate ruffling tulle. It's like trying to sew air.

Off to make a quick trip to town, walk the dogs, sweep outside and start cutting. I ran out of varigated thread FMQ last night and it was purchased out of town. Grr. I will stop at the LQS to see if I can find anything usuable.

blondeslave, you have a dilemna. I'm not sure how to work it out. Can you have separate prizes - one for losers with under 20 pounds to lose and one for others? If you like your low calorie diet (IMO, too low) then have a feast day to trick your metabolism into thinking you are not starving. Every five days or at least once a week. Saturday??

I am losing weight and getting healthier.