View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Kitsie

Thanks BarbaraSue and all who have made suggestions for me! All your ideas are great, but the thread will be plain black as the kids want it that way (and I agree). I'm going to go with the vine idea modified a little and I can do it (hopefully) as a continuous line. My DD and I will layer it this weekend (I bribed her big time!) Then I'll probably "ponder" for a day or two before I start! Will keep all of you great friends posted! Thank you all!

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
I'm not really great at FMQ nor do I LA, so I am in your club. I like less quilting as I like a soft quilt. I was wondering if you could add to the flowers in the snowball blocks by giving the petals and the centers some details like rays coming out of the center and ribbing into the petals. that is close to straight line, and would depict the flowers already there. Are you going to maintain the black and white, or have you entertained colored thread done like I mentioned in the flowers. Yellow centers, blue or pink or red petal accents. Just as idea.
You'll make it beautiful however you do it.