View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
This sounds like a geat idea! I have 4 dogs and 2 cats so I will be trying this. I don't have the 3 months of build up but I am trying this method for sure.
I will add that this quilt had just been made, and never washed. (I love the look of a completed quilt washed afterward, not before. Although I pre-wash plenty of fabric on many quilts.) The quilt was covered with so much hair and some was actually stuck in the topstitching. The tape really pulled those hairs out of the stitches and any that were kind of stuck under the binding edges. I had used box tape before for getting hair off fast from clothing (doesn't it always happen you notice it just before going out the door?), and I wanted every last hair off this heirloom quilt that was to be a gift. It is amazing all the steps I had to do to take care of the problem, but it worked. When you have arthritis and bursitis, it is not easy grasping those hairs. Static Guard made it easy to get all the last hairs up that did not come up with the tape.
I again used this method when getting PUG dog hairs off vintage upholstered chairs. Worked beautifully. We originally tried the damp cloths for the quilt and the chairs. Just didn't do the job.