Old 04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
That's my thought too. If it were my machine I would. So I went to work and told her that and she doesn't want to put a bunch of money into it. I told her that I'd give her what she gave for it ($10) and then I'd buy all new...motor and foot pedal. She said, by the time she's done she could have $50 in it!! I said, yup, you could....or I could!! LOL!! Thanks for your help!
Oh, I forgot to mention...the maintenance man said the motor was fried. He said when they put one bolt through to hold the two pieces of the case together, they caught some of the internal motor wires and frayed them....they in turned touched the cord wiring and damage was done...it was all black inside. So a new motor is definitely in order...might as well get both. But what about the wiring them to the machine? This one has an outlet in the case to plug the motor into and then the light plugs into it also. from under the outlet cords run to the wall outlet and foot pedal. Will sew classic know what I'm talking about?? Or is there a better way to put this together?