Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM
laurlync

I did lots of research and read lots of reviews last year before I headed to the International Quilt Festival in Houston in November. I had pretty much decided that I was going to buy either an Innova or a HandiQuilter Avante. I tried all the machines at the show. (I think they were ALL there!) Then, I came home with a Gammill. I'm sure I would have been happy with either of my first choices if I had bought without trying them all out...I just personally preferred how the Gammill "felt" when I used it. I also tried a Nolting and ruled it out pretty quick due to vibration. However, that may have just been because the machines were not properly set up at the show.

There is an HQ dealer in Shreveport and an Innova Rep in Hallsville, TX. There is a couple in Texarkana that have an Innova and love it. I contacted them before I went to Houston and they let me tryout their machine. If you want their information or would like to try my Gammill, just PM me. My Gammill dealer is Linda's Electric Quitler in McKinney, TX.

By the way, I saw your quilt at the Miller Bowie Quilt show and the pictures online do not do it justice. It was BEAUTIFUL...and much larger than it appeared in the pictures!